A Farmer I Am Not - Cover

A Farmer I Am Not

Copyright© 2019 by Tamalain

Introduction to Gardallen

The pale figure entered a place he had never expected to have to visit. His black cloak hung loose on his back, his black hair, tussled and loose as if he had been in a wind storm. The trip here had been rough. He entered the front hall and a lone figure in a loose robe of some sort of grey fabric greeted him.

“Welcome Traveler to the Records World that once belonged to the Race of beings known only as Muse. I see you seek knowledge of the Dimensional Realm A1998di65411220. The Universe is listed as a non secure Universe and is not safe to travel to or within. The cause of the danger is the result of interactions from the forth multi-dimension war that they got caught in the crossfire of. The main damage is the cutting off of 98% of the power that allows for advanced Space, Time and Dimensional travel. The Power also acts for those that can access and channel it in a form know as magic.”

“Now, are you interested in any particular world?”

“Gardallen,” said the visitor.

“Gardallen, Hmmm. Ahh, here it is. It is an inhabited system by the race known as human. Interesting, it is not the world of their origin either. Give me a moment to dig further back in the records.”

“Take your time, I’m not in a hurry librarian.”

The librarian looked at him and sighed, “No, I don’t suppose you are.”

“Here it is, they are refuges from the, Oh my, that does go back a ways and off the beaten path. Refuges from the period known as the Rage. The Humans fled the destruction of their own universe to many others, thus they can be found in thousands of alternate realities now.”

“Get on with it, just the current intel please,” said the black cloaked figure.

“What? Oh, yes. Gardallen is located in the system of Astafar as they call it. Gardallen is the second planet out of five. Gardallen’s home star is a main sequence yellow/orange dwarf star. It is older so is close to the end of its life-giving era. Approximately a million years remaining until it goes off and expands. It is also slightly hotter than the average star of its size, so the life belt is much further out, thus a longer average year. The World is temperate except at the poles. Winters are mild when compared to most of the known worlds across the explored realms.”

“Gardallen has three moons. One is a large body that is tidal locked like the moon on the realm home world called Terra. One side always faces the parent world. The other two are small rocks that orbit three and four times further out from Gardallen. The system scans indicates that they are fairly recent arrivals.”

“Gardallen has four major land masses and several hundred small island groups scattered across the world. One important fact to note, Gardallen is 25% larger than the noted world of Terra. The reason for the comparison is the races involved on each are near identical. Oddly though, the gravity fields of both worlds are nearly the same. Terra is an average of 32.2 feet per second, while Gardallen is a slightly higher 36.4 feet per second. This can be figured from the size difference and overall density of the worlds. Terran’s would have a hard time on Gardallen, while Gardallen’s would have trouble as the atmosphere of Terra is somewhat less dense by about 20% average sea level comparison.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.