The Find Book 3 - Cover

The Find Book 3

Copyright© 2019 by toms120

Chapter 25

While the new people signed papers and received tracing tags, Meg wanted to put a bee in Ron and Fry’s bonnet. This may not have been the best time to do this, but it would start them thinking.

She called them over and sat down with them. She said to Fry that it was time to bring in some Mechanics for the planes and helicopters. “Now that we have the old Army Airfield we will have room.

This is something I need you to think about. We will be using four Islands in the Caribbean; we are going to need a fast efficient way to get from one to the other. Can the new generators for the boats be powered by air being forced over the turbine engines?”

Fry looked at Meg and said, “A fan-based airplane, powered by electricity.”

“Where are you going with this,” asked Ron?

“A 10-or more passenger unit to move people quickly,” Meg answered.

“Well, two smaller ones are being tested right now! A 35,000’ ceiling, 350 MPH, 3 fans, can carry 6 people,” said Fry.

“I’m thinking basically the same, except 4 fans, 2 in the front and 2 in the rear to take up the extra weight and this will land like a helicopter. This would be a 20-minute Island to Island jump instead of a 1 hour and 5 passengers. If we add a small jet engine it could charge the batteries for lift off and increase the trust,” Meg said.

“YouTube has a few stories about ones that are being tested for Certification. XTI Aircraft has a 5-passenger one and it is really nice! There is another company that has a drone that picks up containers and it is remote controlled. We can try to get our 4 islands together so we can use these craft while they’re getting worldwide certification. We are going to need something so why not this,” said Fry.

Ron asked, “Could you contact XTI Aircraft and see if you could set up a meeting with them. They have a 60% model that they are testing. See if they can make a 100%, five-passenger model that we can test. We can help with the motors, computers, Boeing can help with instruments, and we can test-fly 100 miles in all directions.”

“If Tom and Linda don’t want in on this we 10 can throw a good sum in from our stocks as front money. I think this could be bigger than the boats. Okay enough of this,” Meg said.

“Can we be ready tomorrow afternoon to move the stuff,” Meg asked.

Fry said “I’ll have the boxes done and loaded. The boys said that they will be ready.”

“I’ll get with Arron and let him know. Fry will you be able to leave with us,” Meg asked.

Fry said, “I should be if there are no problems.”

“As soon as you can start getting mechanics. We now will have to service the 3 GS 650’s Collen’s bringing with him. Also, we got the army airfield/race trench so we can put planes in the hangers. We have the 2 small jets, the EPJ135, a C5, 2 C-17’s, a C-130, 5 helicopters, 2 more new ones coming. Ron, look around for a trucking company. We will need to pick up parts for the phones and move finished products.

“We are getting ready to move into a giant expansion and if any of the backups go wrong, we are going to be in trouble. The U.S. government is starting to worry me. We need to move their eyes away from New York and the Midwest. See what you can do about getting as much of the boat building out of there. See if anyone else can make the struts and the rails for the frame or buy a manufacturer and we’ll move it out to here. We will move to the islands and Ireland to expand. Guy’s I’m just starting to put out feelers. Talk to you later,” Meg said leaving the two men.

Aaron came over to Meg and said, “Do not send Fry anywhere as I want him with us. Also, when Ellen gets back keep her here, I don’t want any mess-ups at the Base tomorrow.”

“Okay,” she replied. “I asked Ron and Fry to look into something for us in the islands.”

“Meg, with everything going on you and Tracy are going to have to start taking complete control of the islands. Tom, Linda, and I have sat down and made this decision. We will have to have daily reports back and forth, so everyone is on the same page. With one expansion in Europe, we will have to stay in constant contact,” Aaron concluded.

Tom, Linda, Tracy, and Jamie came over and asked if this was private. Meg said, “I only wish.”

Aaron said that “I was just telling Meg about taking over the islands with Tracy. After we get everything settled we are gonna have to sit down and get everyone on the same page.” Aaron asked Tom and Linda, “Have you thought about going to the island?

Linda said, “As soon as things slow down or get bad here we will start making plans.”

Meg said, “We may have to put off building the city for a while. I have a feeling that the expansion is going to keep us busy.”

Meg’s phone rang and it was Ellen. ‘Sorry to bother you but do you remember Ricky Atkins?’... “Yes,” said Meg... ‘He’s looking to leave, something about he wrote a report and brass weren’t happy so they’re moving him to a hell hole as punishment. Checked with 2 reliable friends and it’s true! I told her to have him contact you later,’ and hung up.

When Meg got back into the conversation, Tom asked her, “The City, can be the base and lower sections can be built on the land, then sunk and put together?”

“I’m sure it’s possible but!”

Tom stopped her and said, “Then I guess you better find the people to do this ASAP. We don’t know how long we can stay here, and a little girl told us we were going to live in a glass city! You don’t need to do this yourself but make it happen.”

With a smile on her face, she said, “Yes sir.”

“Tom, I asked Ron to look up info on a plane that can move people quickly between islands. XTI aircraft makes a Tri-fan but it only holds 5 people. If we could make it 4 fans we could hold 10 people and 20 minutes between islands. Also, it lands like a helicopter so we can land anywhere.”

Tom said, “Yeah I know. We own 12% of the company.”

“The U.S is stopping the certification as of now. If we can get permission from the 3 islands we will be flying in our airspace,” Meg said.

“Good point! Let me make a call.”

“Tracy, we need to get Steve to start building computers for the Island and Europe.

“I know he is gonna be busy with The Toy, but we are going to do the buying, shipping, building somewhere and we won’t be able to stay ahead without them,” said Meg. “We have no idea how busy we are going to be, a lot is coming our way. Can you get your geeks up here to build the hardware in containers and then ship it to the islands so we can set them up there?”

“I think so,” replied Tracy.

Tom came back over and asked Meg if she could take off for a while, “I think I can slip away.”

“Good, take this envelope and take Ellen with you. I need you to go to the base and see the general.”

“Yes sir!”

Tom looked at Tracy and said, “I need her for a while.”

“Okay,” she replied.


Meg found Ellen and the 2 headed for the base. When she got there the General was by a hanger waiting for them. They saluted him and asked how they could help him?

“I need you to fly your plane to meet someone in Utah. It’s already fueled and waiting. Your boss said to give this to you.”

Meg opened the paper as the hanger doors opened and all it said was thanks. In the hanger was her F-18 and on the nose was written ‘The Little Ladies’. Meg gave the general a hug and all Ellen could say was OMG!

As they were taking the plane from the hanger the general said, “You need to go to Utah and deliver that envelope now. Take Ellen with you. Once you’re in the air you’ll get instructions.”

“Yes sir,” she said. There were 2 suits in the hanger and the plane was ready to go. They took off and headed for Utah! A short time later the jet was told where to land and keep it tight. She put the jet down and made her way to a hanger. They got onto the hanger and 2 people came out and asked if that was real.


A thin man came out and said, “Do you have an envelope for me?”

Meg answered, yes sir, and gave it to him. He looked at the paper and said, “I thought he was kidding. I have something I’m to show you.” They walked into the hanger and there was a turbofan full size! Also, to the side was a smaller version. “This is what the plane is going to look like.” They walked over and looked inside and said it was beautiful.

Meg asked, “Does the other one fly?”

He said, “Yes it does. Would you like to take this one up?

Meg answered, “I would love it.”

The gentleman said, “Let me get someone to go with you.”

They rolled out the full size and did a pre-flight. A man came out and asked Meg if she can fly a helicopter. Meg said we own an MI-2b. Once it was checked Meg, Ellen and Alex climbed in. “The flight check sheet is next to you,” Alex told Meg.

Meg picked it up and started to call it out. Alex pointed at each gauge and the sticks. “Bring us to 300 and move the front stick forward slowly.” As he watched her, at 300 he closed the rear fan, and the jet took off. Meg said unbelievable.

Alex said, “We can’t stay up long as we will out-run our air space for testing.” She brought it back and landed perfectly.

The original man came out and Meg found out he was the CEO. Meg said, “I hear you are having problems getting certified.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.