The Find Book 3 - Cover

The Find Book 3

Copyright© 2019 by toms120

Chapter 38

“So, what are you trying to tell me? The 900 puts a maximum of 15,000 lbs of thrust,” said Meg, “So if we put 3 fans on each side of the wings and 2 push fans on the rear of the plane we could build a 70-passenger electric plane? We could make a 6, 8, 10, 30-40 and a 70-passenger plane and all could fly unlimited distances cheaply. We’ve seen what the 800’s can do! Bob if we had 100 Trifan 600 planes made today they would be gone Tomorrow! We already have 60 with deposits!

“I have asked Tom to buy Spirit Aero and the old Boeing plant in Wichita Kansas. They are making the Lear and the 737’s Boeing planes there! The plants on the west coast and Wichita could make 100 planes in 6 months! The major problem would be the material to make them supplied that fast. Spirit is in trouble and could put 6,000 people out of work! We can fix that easily and have the sales to keep it running!

“Do you know of any company that could make motors for us?”

“There is a company that G.E. and Honeywell have used and abused for years and I’m sure with the right deal and numbers we could sway them. I’m not sure where they are located but I think the Wichita area would make that perfect! If Fry is right, he said with the way we laid out the tail and the shroud on the plane Ron could change to dual electric motors on the boats with the shroud around the props to keep them clean! You could be talking 500 more motors a year. Try to get a hold of them today, like now!”

“I need to make a call to get their number,” said Bob. He walked to the side and started dialing!

When Meg looked up Fry was gone, and Ron was standing in his place. “Did he call you?”

“No! I called him about something, and he told me. Voila, I’m here!”

“When I get him I’m gonna hurt him?”

“So, what do you have?”

“Well, you know the cases you made, we hooked them to a G.E. electric motor which is running 3 large fans! We flew an 8-passenger plane from Washington State to here, nonstop, no fuel, at 650 mph! Okay, I redesigned the tail with an upside-down U-shaped shroud for 2 fans. Fry thinks it could replace the Diesel engines and the shroud could protect the props! Take a look!”

Ron looked at the diagram and Meg asked Bob, “What would 3 fans put out?’

He said, “9,000 LBS of thrust! Plus, almost no weight!”

“Boy, he wasn’t wrong! Just the weight difference, either 3 or 4 small electric motors. Centers pushing and 1 on each side to help steer and push. 3 or 4 small motors instead of 2 big diesel motors and the fuel would save a bunch of weight!”

Fry put his head back in and asked if he could come back? “Yeah, come back in,” said Meg and turned toward Ron and said, “It’s too early to chase him, I’ll wait until he gets close and grab him.”

Ron laughed! “Let me tell you something Me and Mark we’re taking bets that you were going to declare war on those Dummies. Mark said you were getting quiet and that means she is really mad, and we left.”

Meg said, “The Boss called later and apologized for the Incident! Well, that was yesterday!”

Bob came over and said, “He was interested.”

“Good call him back and tell him we will send a plane for him, just get him on the phone and I will talk to him! Ron, is this your guy a Mr. Raymond?

Nope! Bob came back with the phone and handed it to Meg. Good Morning Sir! My name is Meg and I’m with OMG Corp. we need some motors made for our products. Would it be possible to see our planes today and give us feedback on the GE units we are using and possibly be able to replace them with yours? Sir, are you familiar with XTI Aero? Well, we are building their Trifan 600 and 800 and a new 10 Passenger planes. We have pre-orders with large deposits for 60 planes which would be 120 motors for them. We are making 5 a week now and just took Boeing over 3 days ago, also our boat division loves the idea of the GE motors instead of the very large Cummings Diesels and the fuel that must be carried. They run from 70 plus feet to 94 feet and are used in the harbors here and we are going international this year! Our man said he will need 3 to 4 per motors and 265 boats before year-end. So, would you like to see the planes that will be here today? We can send someone to pick you up! And you are where? Miami that’s great! 2 hours okay! See you then!”

Fry said, “You are getting good at this.”

Meg said, “Yeah I know!”

There was a rumbling outside of the hangar and a GS 650 rolled up! 2 people got out and Renee went up and gave them a hug. Fry said, “These are your boys!

Fry went over and shook their hands! One said, “What are they, and who’s F-18 is that!”

Meg raised her hand and he asked, “Do we need to salute Major?”

Meg said, “NO! And do I know you?”

“No, but we have all heard about you!”

“These are going to be 2 planes you will be inspecting! One is a 6 passenger and the other an 8.” Meg said, “Would you like to go for a ride?”

“Why not!”

“Let’s go!”

Collen said, “I’m going!”

Meg, Fry, Collen, Renee, and the two guys got in! Meg called the tower and did a vertical lift-off. One of the guys said, “I wasn’t expecting that!” She leveled off and took it to 26,000 ft over the water. Ten minutes later they were over the Island.

“Gentlemen this Island is over a hundred miles out! We are doing approx. 650 mph and are at 26,000 ft. The ceiling is at 41,000 ft.

“Impressive but what is the fuel consumption?”

“Nothing this plane is Electric! We use two GE electric motors! We just flew this plane from the State of Washington to here, Non-Stop! Unlimited distances! We had the Presidents okay, so no laws were broken! I have the papers to prove that! It is an 8-battery system that recharges itself and we are at full power now!”

“Amazing! It flies like a helicopter same stick configuration!”

“We don’t know what licenses we will need, small plane or Helicopter, that’s one of the reasons you here! Also, to certify the planes! OH Yeah! It has a parachute in the tale only now we have to throw Fry out to pull the string!” They all Laughed except Fry.

The guy’s said, “This is Impressive!”

Meg said, “Thank you!”

“Can you tell us why we are here!”

“You mean wining and dining to come on board isn’t enough, well the FAA would not allow any long-distance flights in Utah, so we brought the 600 here! “Someone was holding up the inspection until they submitted plans so they could be copied! Judge Thomas and the President okay you coming to do the proper inspection. Last week the Navy lost a Sub to us as they sent Navy Seals into our waters to steal the plans! Yesterday they tried to do it again They sent the USS Freedom here to do the same thing. I would have kept it but had no room to park it

“So, I took the 35 men from the Sub, put them on the Freedom, and sent them home!” Meg did a quick drop down and showed them the sub! “I kept that!”

“Normally I would ask how but I know your background!”

“We will have you for 2 months or 10 years whichever you want! There is a total of 10 planes to be inspected and certified! If you find anything we will fix it. We will be making 200 this year and have deposits on 60 of the 600’s already! We do not want any shortcuts. You have the last say so!

We are going to change the 10-passenger plane and would like your advice on the new layout and the change in the rear section. We think you will like it better and if it works well we will probably do the same thing to the 8’s!”

Meg’s phone rang! “Hold please! Fry, bring one of them upfront and let him fly it! Meg went to the back and answered the phone. “Hi, Tom! I’m with the FAA guys. How can I help you?”... ‘We just acquired Spirit Aero. You can have your kids for a week then I’m going to need the company checked!’... “Thank you, sir! Oh, the Boeing plant? Yes, that too! Talk later,” and hung up.

She pulled the diagram from her briefcase and gave it to the other FAA guy. “Who did this?”

“I did,” replied Meg!

“This is great I love the layout!”

“It’s an altered Lear 45,” said Meg! “I moved the wings forward slightly, removed the center fan, and replaced it with 2 fans in a shroud on the tail! Put the batteries and storage under and in the rear. Did nothing to the structure except the fans instead of jet engines!”

The plane started to lunge up and down then slide back and forth. Meg looked up front and he said, “This plane flies and handles beautifully!”

“Fry, land it and show him how!”

He set it down and you wouldn’t know you were on the ground! Fry shut it down and the pilot said, “This is beautiful and perfect handling!”

Fry asked, “So, what license Will it need?

“I would say a small plane. Is the 600 the same” the pilot asked?

“It’s not as powerful, but actually flies better! You can judge for that yourself. The smaller one is to be used for people to park it at home or businesses to park on a roof or lot! 5 to 600 mph, 29,000 ceiling, cozier!”

Meg said, “Gentlemen we have set you up on a cruise ship to stay in and eat. There is a lot of military people that you will know here. The first few days someone will be with you after that you will be on your own! Tell us what you need, and you will have it! I would like to have a tag administered to you and your family. We do not trust the CIA or NSA and do not want any outside pressures!

“You will be asked to sign some papers about confidentiality! This is to protect our company. If you are approached by agencies or the military call us! We want you to work for us! We will match your military and pay you a salary. This is not a bribe! With 200 planes coming we will need them inspected. You will have a plane issued to you for travel also full expenses for you and your family.”

Meg said, “If you missed the phone call I received we took back Boeing and just acquired Spirit Aero. They do the 737’s and the Lear jets. We have a place in Seattle and one in Chico, California.”

Jeff the one inspector said, “What about the one in San Diego? I have been there once.”

“Do you know the address?”

“Yes Ma’am! There is one in South America somewhere, Vic knows where it is!

They are both Boeing but under a different name!”

Meg asked, “Any more?”

“Not to my knowledge!”

“Could you write them down?”

“Sure!”

After they were done, Fry and Renee took them to the boat and checked them in!

Meg called Tom and asked where Moe, Larry, and Curly were?... ‘Why? What’s up!’... “The two inspectors just informed me that there were two other Boeing units. One in San Diego and the other in South America! I have their names and addresses! I figure with that the kids, they could find them in Chicago!”... ‘Linda has them and they are just leaving Chico. She said these three are unbelievable! They work together like they were together for ten years!’... “When they get to you have them call me. Thanks, Boss,” and she hung up.

Meg was staying busy with Bill when a Lear rolled up and a man got out! Ellen said, “This is Mr. Raymond; I was in Lauderdale when I got the call.”

“Thanks,” said Meg. “Mr. Raymond I am Meg I spoke to you earlier.” He looked at her and said, “That’s an F-18?”

Meg said, “Yeah, I liked it so...”

He turned away and asked, “And what are they?”

“Would you like a ride?”

I sure would,” he replied.

“Ellen I will be back in a while!”

They got in and Meg took off vertically! Mr. Raymond said “WOW!” She Level off then brought it to 30,000 ft. He was amazed! “What’s the top speed?”

“650 to 700 mph, Meg answered.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.