Variation on a Theme, Book 2 - Cover

Variation on a Theme, Book 2

Copyright© 2021 by Grey Wolf

Chapter 24: Thankful

Coming of Age Sex Story: Chapter 24: Thankful - It's been just over a year since Steve found himself 14 again, with a sister he never had and a life open to possibilities. A year filled with change, love, loss, happiness, heartache, friends, family, challenges, and success. Sophomore year brings new friends, new romances, new challenges. What surprises and adventures await Steve and Angie and their friends?

Caution: This Coming of Age Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including mt/ft   ft/ft   Mult   Teenagers   Consensual   Romantic   School   DoOver   Spanking   Oriental Female   Anal Sex   Cream Pie   First   Masturbation   Oral Sex   Petting   Safe Sex   Slow  

November 23, 1981

 

Jasmine and I met in a big hug at lunch, and a kiss restrained only slightly by the PDA rules.

“I love you!”

“I love you, too!”

We grinned, held hands, and joined the group at the group table. All eyes were on us, I’m sure realizing that what we had now eclipsed whatever we’d had before.

Cammie was the first to jump in. “Well, congratulations are in order, I think!” She grinned. “You’re adorable, you know. I mean, both of you.”

Mel laughed. “They are, aren’t they?”

From then on it was lunch as usual, if you don’t count all the kisses. Or warning looks from cafeteria monitors.


November 24, 1981

 

“Hey, y’all,” I said, early in study group, before anyone left for a nap. “Now that Jasmine and I are officially an item, I want to share something important before you get the wrong impression. I suspect some of you know this...” I said, looking at the girls. A couple of them blushed. “ ... but some of you won’t. Jasmine and I have an open relationship, so if you see her with someone else, or me with someone else, no one is cheating. You know how seriously I take that, and I could see people getting upset for the wrong reason, or no reason at all, really.”

There was a minor murmur.

“So,” Mel asked, “and yes, I knew...”

“Duh,” I said. She blushed.

“ ... but, well, anyone?”

“If either of us know or think someone wouldn’t go over well, then that’s a no, or a talk-about-it. Otherwise, yes. So pretty much anyone.”

“Her idea?” Cal asked.

“Let me approach that carefully. She proposed it. I wouldn’t have, and I’m sure you know that. It’s part of her philosophy of life and love. However, it fits what I think mine is, so I’m not just going along with it, or doing it for her sake, or whatever. Maybe it’ll turn out not to work for me, after all. Or for her, though she’s tried it before. But we’re giving it a shot.”

I caught an appraising look between Mel and Cammie. It went unnoticed by most of the group, I think, because many couples were looking at each other. I suspect Angie caught it. Not that Mel and Cammie and I were a secret — obviously not — but no one but the two of them and Angie knew it was somewhat open-ended.

Sarah said, “Not for me, but if it works for you and for Jasmine, I’m happy for you. We won’t say anything unless she’s with someone we know you don’t like, which I imagine won’t happen.”

“Partly because I can’t name anyone on that list,” I laughed.

Sarah grinned. “I think that, between us, the girls can name some guys that should be on your list. We’ll keep an eye out. I suspect Jasmine would heed the warnings, though.”

“Sounds good to me. Thanks!”


November 26, 1981

 

As with last year, Angie and I took over most of the Thanksgiving cooking. We tried to vary the menu, but some things always remain the same. Turkey, cranberries, wild rice. Pumpkin pie. Mom’s casserole.

This year we tried candied yams, with just a tiny peppery kick to power them up. A cranberry-walnut salad. Homemade rolls.

Dad was more used to the change in roles now. Angie and I cooked sometimes, so everyone expected that. And Mom knew we simply enjoyed helping, and it wasn’t some subtle — or not-so-subtle — criticism of her homemaking skills. She’d definitely upped her game in the last year and seemed very happy about it. For each of them it seemed that seeing the other get out of their comfort zone with food and enjoy it had opened up the idea of being more adventurous.

As before, Dad had the TV on with the obligatory football. He didn’t really care; we didn’t really care. But it was fun. It was one of the few times the TV was on when no one really cared about what was on.

Once we had everything ready, we got it all on the table. This year we were having wine. By my tastes, a good one, but I am not and have never been a wine snob. I’m partial to sweeter whites and German wines ahead of most French varieties, and we were having a nice Riesling. At least on a wine-snob level, most people would say to pair whites with turkey. Or at least, I was pretty sure they would.

We continued our new tradition from last year. Dad said a formal grace, then we held hands around the table and each of us spoke. As before, Dad led off. “I’m thankful for my wife, my son and daughter, and continued good health and happiness for all of us. I’m thankful for my mother and step-father, and for my brothers and brothers-in-law and their wives and their children. I’m thankful for my work, our house, and our life together. I’m thankful we have time to enjoy being together as a family.”

Mom went next. “I’m thankful for my husband and my children, for health and happiness for all of us. I’m thankful we continue to be prosperous and that Angie and Steve have good grades, good friends, and a good team that they’re valued members of. I’m thankful for my mother, my brothers and brothers-in-law and sisters-in-law, and our nephews.”

Angie went next. “I’m thankful for Mom and Dad and for good memories of Daddy Frank. I’m thankful for my big brother Steve. I’m thankful for my grandparents and aunts and uncles and cousins. I’m thankful for our friends, our school, our team, and the many opportunities we have.”

I finished up. “I’m thankful for Mom and Dad and all that you’ve given us. I’m thankful for Angie, who I can’t imagine being without. I’m thankful for my grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. I’m thankful for continued health. I’m thankful for the special people that’ve been in my life, and for my teachers, friends, team, and the new opportunities we have.”

As before, there wasn’t a dry eye at the table. We knew how lucky we were, though Angie and I added our own special wrinkle to that.

Dad finished with the informal blessing: “Good family, good times, good food. Let’s eat!”

Food was passed around, served, and consumed. As was the wine, not that we had all that much. Not even Mom and Dad. We were quickly quiet except for the sounds of enjoyment we were all making. That lasted until we were nearly done with dinner.

Dad stretched and took on a pretty big grin. “I’ve got one more thing for everyone to be thankful about.” Mom didn’t look surprised, and I’m pretty sure Angie and I had the same guess. It wasn’t the best kept secret of Dad’s life. “We’re heading to the Los Angeles area for Christmas, taking the train. Both ways! We’ll be leaving December 19th and be back on New Year’s Eve day. That way you kids still get some time with your friends, and I get a vacation from vacations before going back to work!” Dad had felt rushed going back to work after the July trip; of course, as he said himself, that was entirely his fault.

Angie and I cheered. “What’re we seeing, Dad?” she wanted to know.

“Quite a few things. Universal Studios, Six Flags, Disneyland, Knotts Berry Farm, and Santa Catalina are the high points. A few other things.”

“Woo! This is going to be a lot of fun!”

Mom laughed. “Excuse us if your father and I sit and watch for most of the roller coasters. I can only take so much of that!”

Angie giggled. “We’ll wave to you! Thanks very much, Mom and Dad! This is going to be a lot of fun!”

“Yes, it is! Thank you!” I added.

 

We watched football and hung out for a while. Mom got a game of ‘Sorry!’ going and clobbered us all. Then we had pie, which was as good as I remembered it being.

About 7:15pm the phone rang. I answered. “Steve! Happy Thanksgiving!”

“Hey, Candice! Happy Thanksgiving! How are you?”

“Really good. I um ... well, I don’t want this to come out wrong, because I had more to be thankful about last year than I let myself think, but this has been the happiest Thanksgiving in years.”

“I can understand why, at least in general. Ours was great, too.”

“I got to invite Sherry for part of it; her family does Thanksgiving at lunch. As far as the parents are concerned, she’s just a friend, although I think they kinda know. But she’s nice, and not a boy, so, that’s all good. If they have to pick between maybe-gay or maybe-suicidal, gay is a safe choice!”

“Unfortunately, I know of at least two other sets of parents who’d effectively take the other choice there.”

“Yeah. A lot would, sadly. So, how’s your love life?”

I hesitated a bit too long. “Jasmine and I are doing great.”

She laughed. “You’re lousy when you overthink your answers, dude. You two are in love, aren’t you?”

“Yes, we are.”

“Good. You deserve to be. She does, too. I really regret abandoning her, but I couldn’t handle friends then. By the time I accepted friends again, it was like a drowning girl who spots a life preserver. Fortunately, Angie not only was a good friend but pointed me to you.”

“She ... um ... she’d like to know what happened to you. She said, and I quote, ‘I’ve never bought the rumors that she’d caught pregnant.’ We talked about my seeing a counselor, and that it started with helping a friend in need, and she guessed it was you.”

This time it was Candice with the hesitation. “Mmmm ... well ... let’s maybe try to get together over the holidays or something. I’d like to explain, I think. If you get too boxed into a corner, it’s OK to say that, yes, it was me, and it’s too personal to explain without me. That’s especially true if, say, someone else brings it up. Plus, I just need to see for myself if I trust her to stay quiet. I think she will, but she can be really outspoken. Or used to be; I guess it’s been almost two years since we were close.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.