Variation on a Theme, Book 2 - Cover

Variation on a Theme, Book 2

Copyright© 2021 by Grey Wolf

Chapter 94: A Magical Day

Coming of Age Sex Story: Chapter 94: A Magical Day - It's been just over a year since Steve found himself 14 again, with a sister he never had and a life open to possibilities. A year filled with change, love, loss, happiness, heartache, friends, family, challenges, and success. Sophomore year brings new friends, new romances, new challenges. What surprises and adventures await Steve and Angie and their friends?

Caution: This Coming of Age Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including mt/ft   ft/ft   Mult   Teenagers   Consensual   Romantic   School   DoOver   Spanking   Oriental Female   Anal Sex   Cream Pie   First   Masturbation   Oral Sex   Petting   Safe Sex   Slow  

Sunday, May 16, 1982

 

As before, we didn’t hang out in the lobby or anything before the show. There’d be time after; we’d do a meet and greet for an hour, as the regular leads — or starring understudies — had done the other nights, then change. Then it was off to the official cast party, where they’d expect us to ‘behave’. The other? Who knew?

We knew Mom and Dad would be there, and some of Dad’s work friends. The Nguyens. Jane. The Winterfords; heck, many of the study group parents. Meg. Jessica. The list went on and on. If I was going to get stage fright, this was it.

I didn’t.

The show went just like the other two, except this time I was in the spotlight a lot more. But it was the same; when I went on stage as Tommy, I was Tommy. Sheila was an incredible Fiona, and we had great chemistry. Nothing that would make Amit jealous, though. We were both ‘in the zone’. So was Angie; in my totally biased opinion, she knocked Meg out of the park. Jasmine was a terrific Kate.

Maybe the main cast was better. Some definitely were. But we understudies put on a damn good show.

We exchanged a lot of hugs while taking our bows, and more — along with some kisses — after they’d brought the curtain down for the last time. Alan caught me as I was heading back to grab a towel — performing is sweaty! He offered his hand and we shook. “You were really good. I never would’ve believed that was your first show if I hadn’t seen it.”

“Thanks! That means a lot. I learned a lot watching you and studying your version of Tommy. Best of luck in college. Rice, right?”

“Yeah! I’ll be serious about chemical engineering, but I’m hoping I can stay involved with Drama some.”

“Hope so! All the best!”

“To you, too! You’ve answered before, but I’ll ask again — you won’t break Steffie’s heart and ditch out, right?”

“No way. I’ll be back next year.”

“Great! With seven of us graduating, Steffie can use the reinforcements.”

We stayed in costume, sweat and all, heading to the lobby. Mom and Dad were the first to meet me, hugging me and Angie.

“That was just amazing!” Mom said with a huge smile. “I knew how hard you’d been working, but I can’t believe I just watched my kids do that on stage! Wow!”

“I never expected anything like it,” I said.

“And I thought he was nuts when he said he’d do it and even more nuts for trying to make me do it!” Angie was smiling and grinning.

“He was nuts!” Jasmine said from behind us, having just hugged her parents. “Just, the best sort of nuts! Also, hi, Mr. and Mrs. Marshall!”

“Hi, Jasmine!” Mom said, clearly open to a hug, which she got. Then Dad got one, too.

“Good to see you! I need to circulate!” With that she was off.

“You need to do that, too, right?” Dad said.

“We should, yes. Quite a few people came!”

“We’ll talk your ear off at home,” Mom said with a big grin. “Go, meet your adoring fans!”

I headed off to say hi to Francis and Camille, who were talking with Lexi. She saw me coming and stepped aside.

“Steve! A great performance!” Francis said, shaking my hand.

“You’ve come far! I knew you could do it!” Camille said, kissing my cheeks. No blush, not anymore.

“Thank you, Francis, Camille! I owe it all to your daughter! But, then, I owe her a great deal all around.”

“She is wonderful,” Camille said, winking to me.

Angie came up right behind me and hugged both of them. I suppose it made sense; she’d spent a while over there herself, after all.

“Angie! Good show!” Francis said.

“You were so beautiful!” Camille added.

“Thanks, Camille, Francis! Great to see you!”

I circulated, shaking hands with Anderson Winterford and hugging Rita, getting another kiss on the cheek. I barely knew Connie’s parents, but they wanted to greet me, effusive in their praise, and also repeating their happiness at Connie’s having ‘such wonderful friends’. They asked if Jasmine was my girlfriend, and seemed both pleased and thoughtful that she was. Maybe that made Jimmy seem less unusual? I wondered if Connie hadn’t mentioned her, or if they simply hadn’t believed her.

Jimmy and his parents were close by, and it was clear that the Barneses and the Ngs knew each other fairly well. Not surprising, with their kids having been dating a year and a half.

The Rileys, the Parkers, and the Clarkes also wanted to say hi. Cammie’s parents seemed nice enough, and I figured they were, except for one very important matter.

Angie was circulating, too, sometimes with me, sometimes across the lobby. I spotted her with some people I absolutely had to say hi to. I headed over and wound up in a hug. “Hi!” Candice bubbled. “You were awesome! And so was Angie! And Jasmine!”

“Thanks!”

Sherry hugged me right after. “Wow! I’m glad Candy dragged me to this! I’d never seen it. I had no idea what to expect! You guys put on such a great show!”

“Thanks, Sherry! Glad you liked it!”

Once she’d let me go, I turned and shook hands with Erwin, and then got another hug from Sandy. “Great show, Steve!” Erwin said. “I can’t even imagine doing that! I’d be petrified!”

“You would not!” Sandy chuckled. “You’re too tough.”

“Petrified, I say!”

I smiled to both of them. Candice and Sherry had turned to talk to Angie a bit more. “It’s very special having all of you here.” My eyes flicked to Candice’s back. Erwin nodded and Sandy smiled, widely.

“For us, too! She’s come so far. Thanks for everything you’ve done. And continue to do.”

“My pleasure, always. And, I see people I need to greet.”

“We’ll talk soon!”

I turned to go. It hadn’t escaped me that Candice and Sherry were holding hands most of the time. I figured the Matthews had to know, by now.

I walked over just a bit. Megan had been looking away but turned at the right time. “Steve!” She bounced into my arms, drawing an amused look from her parents. “Such a great show!”

Jeff chuckled. “Just as good as many of the professional productions I’ve been to!”

I smiled. “I think we’re not quite that good. But we’re good!”

“Very good,” Judy said, smiling. “You must have put so much work into that.”

“We did. Every bit was worth it.”

“See you Monday, Steve!”

“Monday, Megan!”

I turned to go and Jeff stepped over. “Megan told me she’d let you know. I’m sorry we didn’t level with you earlier.”

I shook my head. “I’d have done the same thing in your place. Fourteen-year-old daughter, nearly sixteen-year-old crush, with her insecure and no dating experience? Of course you had to make sure. Not a thing wrong with it.”

He smiled. “Thank you. And, I’ll repeat — if you or any of your friends are looking for an internship, give us a call. Please!”

“Will do!”

I got about a quarter of the way back across the lobby when my arms were unexpectedly full of cheerleader. “Surprise!” Jessica giggled, giving me a kiss on the cheek.

“Yes, it is! The good kind!”

She grinned and leaned in, whispering, “Being ‘good’ right now, anyway!” Then she slipped back. “Mom! Dad! Come meet Steve!”

A couple turned towards us. They’d been talking to some people I didn’t know, probably other parents.

“Oh! Hello! Kimberly Lively. We’ve heard a fair bit about you now.” She looked to be in her thirties, at a guess. Short, blonde, cute. It was pretty obvious where Jessica got her looks, and that she was likely to keep them.

The man turning with her was about the same age, medium height, just slightly graying, wearing glasses. Handsome, too; even if I’m not attracted, I can often recognize it. “Yes, we have! I’m Phil.” He offered his hand and I shook it. “Jessica says you’ll be working together a lot on Student Council?”

“That’s the plan, yes, Sir.”

Jessica giggled. “Steve’s just about as busy as I am, but this’ll be the first time we’ll be in the same activity.”

Kimberly laughed. “You must drive your parents crazy. Until Jessica could drive, I felt like I was always on the go!”

“I’m sure we did. My sister Angie and me, I mean. We both got licenses this year and it’s been easier on our parents.”

She smiled. “I have to ask. Is the girl you had the prior commitment with here?”

I nodded. “Over there.” I nodded again in her direction. “Megan. The tall redhead.”

“I don’t think Jessica’s been turned down in her life! It was good for her.” She smirked a little at her daughter, who was all smiles.

“It was, at that!” she giggled. “It’s all worked out for the best.”

Her father smiled. “I have to agree. That took real guts, Steve! I know my daughter.”

“Nah,” I said, smiling. “People would line up to kill me, starting with my sister, if I broke my word to a friend for a date. Even if that date was with your lovely and talented daughter.”

He laughed, and her mom smirked some more. “I see why you’re friends with him, honey.”

Jessica giggled. “I know, right?”

She hugged me again. “Go! I know you have more fans to talk to!”

I got a lot of kudos from teachers. Meg caught up to me after a bit. “Great job, Steve!”

“Thanks, Meg!”

“I guess I’m stuck sharing you with Steffie.”

“Pretty much, I think. Angie, too.”

“As long as you don’t burn out, I’ll survive.”

“On the plus side, I think at least a few of the Drama kids might keep doing Extemp.”

“That’ll make life even more interesting. Interesting is good!”

“I’d say it’ll add some debatable drama.”

She groaned, then chuckled. “Good one! Actually ... Steffie and I need to talk about that.”

“How so?”

“Never you mind!” She giggled. “Not letting any cats out of any bags, yet.”

“I guess I’ll wait, then.”

“Something we all have to do sometimes.”

I turned and then spotted Jane off to the side, by herself. She’d hinted at bringing someone, but, in the end, came by herself. We’d never once gotten into her personal life, nor was that something I’d expect with a therapist, but with our blurred lines ... who knew? I headed over.

“Hi, Steve! I was wondering when I’d spot you. I still haven’t gotten to talk to Angie yet, but I caught up with Candice a bit. She looked ... surprisingly unsurprised to see me.” We shook hands; I’m sure we both would’ve preferred to hug, but it wouldn’t work with this crowd.

I laughed. “She knows Angie and I kept meeting with you.”

“I hadn’t seen her with Sherry before. That makes me happy. She’s come so far from the girl I first met.”

“And she’s ... hrm. I was going to say she’s almost the girl I first met, but that’s wrong. She’s better. She’s more herself. I don’t just mean what she was hiding, but that she’s not clinging to anyone as a life preserver. Not even Sherry.”

Jane nodded. “My thinking, too. They’re close and it’s a great relationship, but it’s not her safety net, just part of her support system.”

“They’re a cute couple. I’m glad Erwin and Sandy are fine with it.”

“For the time being, they’re fine with anything that makes Candice happy and isn’t a risk to her therapy. And Candice is mature enough to not abuse that too much.”

“Good. Both of those, I mean.”

“So ... a show about two people, bound by love so much that magic happens. Amusing.”

I chuckled. No one was close enough to worry about, and the comment was vague, anyway. “For it to be a parallel, Tommy would’ve had to have been shoved into Brigadoon having vaguely met Fiona a couple times in London.”

She snorted. “Fine, you have a point. Still...”

“Still, it’s not a bad fit. We had a blast with it.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.