From Another Planet - Cover

From Another Planet

Copyright© 2023 by A Well Traveled Man

Chapter 5

I awoke, exercised, practiced my huku, sensed the area, did my yoga routine, showered, dressed, and went to the kitchen for breakfast with Mom. After breakfast, I took my vitamins and a protein drink, drove to Dodgers Stadium, and parked in the same place. We got our parking pass and passes, then went to Stan’s office. Then stan took us to get shoes, glove, a shirt, sweatpants, and a hat. Then we went to the bullpen and were introduced to Cal Carson, a coach. Cal went through the throwing motion when I had it down with a ball and played catch. Stan left with Mom, and Cal continued until I was pitching off the rubber. Finally, Cal said I was ready, so I returned to a small locker room and changed.

I was called, waved to the crowd, and set up on the mound. I went through a windup, threw as hard as possible, and heard a loud pop. I went to the catcher, got the ball, shook hands, and left, waving to the crowd. I was driven to Mom and Stan, who was talking. I made a horse noise, and Mom started laughing. We watched the game until the 5th and went home. When we got home, I told Mom I was driving by the pro shop to check it out and come home. Mom went inside to clean up.

My computer parts were on the loading dock, so I put them in the golf cart and drove home. I put them in my workshop, went to get cleaned up, and returned to the kitchen. Mom had dinner ready and said to expect some calls, according to Stan. I said to give more information, and Mom laughed. She said you threw a 95-mph fastball for someone your age, and your build is unusual. I said there’s more give, or I’ll refuse to go to Dodger Stadium again. Forget it. I’ll give the money back, and Stan, the asshole, can choke on it. I said good night and went to my room.

There was a knock on my door, and I said come in. Mom was crying, saying she was sorry, but it was a surprise, and Stan did want me to say anything. Mom, what happens if I don’t like the surprise and many people are looking at me? What’s the surprise, Mom? Mom said they want you to attend spring training and work out with the team. This is why I need to know so we can discuss it. I have commitments to sponsors for appearances at Tournaments, golf, movies, and modeling if it works out. Then school and time with you. Baseball isn’t on the radar for me.

I’m sorry I got upset, but Stan used you to get to me. Stan, the man, is riding my back, and I want him off. Call him and say I looked at our commitments, and It’s impossible. If he pressed the issue, he committed me to do something without asking for personal gain. I bet $100 he pushes the issue, and Mom says no way, Bucko laughing. Your right, and I should have seen it coming. Let’s promise to talk about things and not let people like Trey or Stan divide us. Mom agreed, and we hugged goodnight and went to bed.

I had another dream, and I was in the present, working out in front of a mirror in my bedroom nude, practicing my huku. The symbols are seen clearly on my body when I stop and disappear. I’m moving through the house past several things that would reflect and see no image of myself. Exiting the house, I go to my workshop, enter and close the door, and my dream ends.

I awoke, exercised, practiced my huku, sensed the area, grabbed my walking staff, and took off running my route, keeping a steady speed and stride. When I reached my turnaround point, I increased my pace on the way home. After stretching, I showered and noticed the marks and symbols were gone. I dressed and went to the kitchen, took my vitamins and protein drink, and drove the golf cart to the practice range. After hitting two buckets of balls and warming up, I was first out on the course alone. I had an excellent round, shooting twelve under par. No one to see or verify, I head home, feeling good at the start of the day. I decide to hold back while playing with others but let loose playing alone. That way, I could adjust my game to finish a few strokes ahead or behind in Tournaments, bringing less attention to me.

Mom was in the kitchen going through the mail and said we missed a FedEx shipment Saturday. The notice says they are open till noon on Sunday, so let’s get them and then go to Sunday brunch. I quickly freshened up, changed clothes, and went to the FedEx delivery center. The boxes are from Callaway and Foot Joy, making Mom happy to go to brunch. I asked Mom what brunch was, and she laughed and said it combines breakfast and lunch. It started a while ago for churchgoers and people sleeping in on Sunday. A few restaurants offer a buffet; you can get breakfast, lunch, or a combination. Some are all-you-can-eat or put a two-plate limit on the meal, but you can fill the plates.

I enjoyed my first brunch and overate and made groaning sounds going home, making Mom laugh. Knowing it was my new driver’s, we left the large Callaway box in the garage. The smaller boxes were taken into the kitchen. After unpacking the boxes, Mom got almost as much as me. I said I could see the contractor saying let me get this straight. You want to add on a two-story his and her wardrobe with a fire pole at one end? Mom says, yes, so my son can come down and give his opinion on which outfit I should wear. Mom is laughing and says Mom and I should have thought of that laughing again. The rest of the day was spent washing the new clothes and playing poker.

At dinner, Mom said I’d learned everything she could teach except catching cheaters. We’ll start on that after dinner and did showing me palming and sleaving cards, dealing from the bottom, stacking, and marking the deck. She closed by saying nobody wins all large pots and loses the small ones. They are cheating or working with someone at the table. Watch and observe, then get out if you see something wrong. We hugged goodnight with the reminder of modeling in the morning. I groaned, and Mom laughed, going to bed.

I dreamed again, and this time I entered a business, went into a room undressed, and walked unnoticed into a conference room. I observed the meeting and then left, following everyone out of the room. I dressed and left the building, and my dream ended.

I awoke, exercised, practiced my huku, sensed the area, did my yoga routine, showered, dressed, went to the kitchen for breakfast with Mom, took my vitamins and protein drink, and then drove to Trey’s office/studio. We met Karen Black and went inside. Trey was happy to see us and not Karen Black. Trey asked us how we hooked up the devil’s spawn. Mom, Karen, and I laughed, and Mom said we signed up with WME. Karen offered to help TJ with the contract. Mom and I left to get measured and fitted while Trey and Karen worked out the details of the contract. We could hear Trey cussing and Karen laughing from our area. We finished the fitting at 11:30 a.m. and texted Karen per the plan. She texted back GO with five smiley faces, so we did.

Mom and I stopped at Carl’s Jr. for a quick lunch, then drove to the board meeting. Seven unhappy faces were in the room when we arrived, including Debbie. Mom said this is more of a notification than a meeting. I am sure you all heard about Friday here at the club. So, until we find out what’s it all about, it’s cover your ass time. Effective immediately, the accounts are locked down. In-person visits are required for transfers of funds. Debbie and I must approve all invoices, payroll, and payables. Let’s hope it was about Perkins and things return to normal. Needless to say, he’s fired with cause immediately. Bill will fill in until the shit settles down. The meeting was adjourned, and we left. We stopped by the Pro Shop, notified Bill of what was happening, and then went home.

Karen Black called and said Trey doesn’t want you to model and pay a fair rate, so he’s thinking about his problem. He already broadcasted he had “a hot new young male model that would shake trees,” as he put it. So now Trey’s in a bind and has no easy way out. He pays you or has egg on his face, so sit tight, and I’ll let you know what happens. She said goodbye and hung up laughing. Mom said she didn’t think Trey would do something like that, and I said I was not surprised. I got the same feeling from Trey as Stan, and they did the same thing. They promised things before clearing it with us first. At least Trey has an out. Stan is hopelessly screwed and laughed.

Rawlings and Louisville Slugger called and wanted to sign me up to promote youth baseball. I told them to call agent Andrew Finkleman at William Morris Endeavor. It sounded like you want an ad campaign and would get more bang for your dollar hiring me as a model. They thanked me, said they would call my agent, and hung up. We were eating dinner when Andrew Finkleman called. He asked if I was trying to show him up getting clients. I said no, Mr. Filkleman, just priming the pump, and I put my bat and balls in your hand, so don’t let me down. There was a roar of laughter along with Mom. He said they were motivated to get it done, so expect a call the week and hung up. Then Karen called laughing and said Andrew told me about your call. Trey called three times with bullshit, so expect a call by Friday, and hung up laughing.

We watched the news and saw Dad won his primary by a narrow margin over Stan Loman. But, they said Dad had his work cut out for him defeating the sitting Governor. I asked Mom what she thought Dad would do to celebrate. Maybe buy a pink yoga outfit like you wear and dance around the house? Mom was laughing as we hugged goodnight and went to bed.

I had another dream and was standing in front of a mirror nude in this one. I closed my eyes, and the symbols got brighter, and then I disappeared. I did it several more times, mumbling, serving the gods with grace and respect, and I shall execute your orders without a doubt. The symbols became visible again, and I disappeared, and then the dream ended.

I awoke, exercised, practiced my huku, sensed the area, grabbed my walking staff, and took off running my route, keeping a steady speed and stride. When I reached my turnaround point, I increased my pace on the way home. After stretching, I showered, dressed, and went to the kitchen. I took my vitamins and protein drink, then drove the golf cart to the practice range. After warming up, I played a round with my new Callaway drivers. I was getting up to 50 yards more off the tee. But I wasn’t sure if it was just the new clubs or my reducing playing to three times per week. But 11 under made me happy.

Leaving the range, I saw one of the board members had Mom backed up against her car at the clubhouse. So, I stopped, kicked him in the balls hard, and I swear he lifted two feet in the air, screaming my balls, and passed out. I stepped on his right hand, hearing a crunch, then kicked him in the jaw and asked Mom if she was okay hugging her. She said a lot better than Bradley. That’s for sure laughing. She then asked for help getting him to his car so he could drive to the hospital when he woke up. So we did, and then I followed Mom home and asked what had happened. Mom told me she had Debbie suspend all payments to contractors and consultants who didn’t have valid invoices for payment. Bradley’s sister and brother-in-law were two who didn’t get paid. He took exception and confronted me when you stepped in, and Mom started laughing again.

I asked Mom during lunch if I could make the bachelor pad into a gym/workshop to keep the neighborhood girls from abusing me. She agreed but said it might not help if they see how buff you are working out laughing. I may sell them tickets to watch you work out to pay for some of the cost, laughing again. After lunch, we went to a place mom knew about and got a heavy bag and multiple station weight machine. We brought a heavy bag home, and the weight machine was to be delivered. The maintenance guys from the club took the recliner, couch, coffee, end tables, and TV. They even helped hang the heavy bag, leaving happy with the free goodies. I spent the rest of the afternoon working on my new computer. I had it set up and ready to power up by dinner.

Mom said Debbie called at dinner, and Bradley was in the hospital. Debbie said Brandley’s wife called her to let everyone know Bradley had been in an accident. His testicles are so swollen that they might need removal. Also, his right hand and jaw are broken, and he can’t remember what happened. Mom told Debbie to send flowers and get well soon card from the Country Club and the Board and hung up laughing. Mom said she couldn’t wait to see what happened next because I used my magical foot again. That caused both of us to laugh, and then Mom showed me how to shuffle and deal the cards. After an hour of practice, we hugged goodnight and went to bed.

I have another dream, and I’m a few years older and 6’ tall this time. I’m walking into a government building, and I check my appearance in the entry glass. I’m dressed as a janitor with glasses, a mustache, and a hat for disguise. Entering the building, I wave to the receptionist, walk through a maze of hallways to a maintenance closet, and enter. I take out a receiver, a Ziploc bag painted the same color as the walls, and six audio bugs. I put the audio bugs in the Ziploc bag and removed my clothing and disguise. Say my mantra and turn invisible, and then I go to a conference room, stand against the hallway wall, and wait. A security team comes and enters the conference room. They sweep for bugs and exit, telling someone on the phone it’s all clear.

Entering before the door closes, I plant the six bugs and leave. Returning to the maintenance closet, I redress, put back on my disguise, and listen and record the meeting. When it’s over, I push a cleaning cart to the conference room, clean the room, remove the bugs, leave the building, and my dream ends. Am I an agent sent from the gods under orders to battle greed, corruption, and the power and money they make?

Waking up early, I started my new routine by going to my new gym, sensing the area. I exercised, practiced my huku using the heavy bag, did my yoga routine, showered, dressed, went to the kitchen for breakfast, vitamins, and protein drink, then drove the golf cart to the practice range. Today was practice only, so I got two buckets of balls and practiced, then returned home.

Mom was in the kitchen and said Karen called laughing. Karen said she told Trey that you signed with Rawlings and Louisville Slugger to do ads to promote youth baseball. They’re anxious to start immediately, so shit or off the pot. He won’t be available tomorrow, Trey, so say yes or no. Karen said he went into a profanity-laced tirade and said yes, I want him. Karen told us to meet her at Trey’s tomorrow at 8 a.m. Mom said TJ, your magic foot did it again and we both laughed.

We ate lunch, and then I went to my workroom and saw a lock and deadbolt combo package on the workbench. So, I powered up the computer, adjusted the bios, loaded Windows 11, installed the new lock while it loaded, and did updates. Then, I installed my new startup program and started programming a dead man’s switch. If you enter the wrong code, you must wait five minutes to enter it again. Only I know that, so the computer would upload to the cloud and then format the hard drive if hacked. I sensed dinner was almost ready, so I shut off the computer and locked the workroom.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.